November 2020 Board Meeting Notes

DOD Board Meeting Minutes
Via Zoom
Nov. 9th, 2020
Commenced 6:42 pm

  1. Public Forum: Ben Hansen – Positive input regarding developments at WP. CoE is pursuing
    potential expansion of trail system under I-5. Looking at trail usage with trail counters at various
    trail systems. Adam Steffen: OMBC bylaws are going to the lawyers for review. Great America
    Outdoors Act – makes permanent the Land Water Conservation Fund and $9B in next 5 years
    going to parks and public lands for land restoration/repair. Chris with OMBC is coming up with a
    tool to identify and prioritize where the money should be spent. It would be prioritized based on
    user feedback to some degree.
  2. Position reports
    A. Chair (Lee): We got a couple new sponsors at $1k each. Got info to Ryan to move forward on
    raffle DOJ application process. Paid $1k for artwork for t-shirts. We paid Eric for Sunset and
    Moreplay trail building. Lee to talk to Corey to ensure 1 full year membership is something
    our software can do.
    B. Vice Chair (Ryan Comeau): Obtaining info needed for application for DOJ so we can raffle
    items. Info needed includes board member info – Lee to provide. Will post application in the
    next couple days for Board review. Need to determine Class A or Class B, depending on the
    value. Class B is not to exceed $10k per item. Recommends Class B for our needs. DOD
    website isn’t properly displaying DOD board meeting minutes. Lee to follow up with Corey
    on getting the minutes hosted automatically.
    C. Treasurer (Justin Price) : No new business. Memberships are still coming in. We are up for
    renewal for Quickbooks. The renewal fee has been increased. Justin to look at getting a
    license instead of subscription to move from cloud to dropbox, which will save on expenses.
    D. Secretary (Jeff Green): Minutes were posted. Jeff to make changes to contract.
    E. Trail Work (Peter O’Toole): The trails at WP are in great shape. Thurston Hills is getting ready
    to shut down. It’s getting ready to start raining and maintenance issues will likely be
    apparent soon. Some of the trails have virtually disappeared from the logging activities but
    we should see them back to 90% before we take them back over.
    We’re going to put together a list of equipment we need. Brock is getting ready to build a
    new line near The Gift. BLM is offering to give us money for our trail work needs. BLM has
    pledged some rock for rebuild for Your Sister and Brock’s needs, in addition to $2500 cash.
    Hopefully the logging will be cleared up within the next month.
    F. PR/Marketing (Issac Johnson): Still working on the Trailforks app. For social media, looking at
    maybe historic posts – such as the old newsletters. There’s been some frustration by bike
    shop customers about WP trail closures – looking for a positive response for those
    customers.

G. Rides/Events (Fiona): I talked to Amy about ordering t-shirts. An idea – anyone paying an
extra $20 with their membership in the month of January gets a t-shirt. Maybe move the
ACM to June. Coffee cups and t-shirts are being given for trail work rewards. Holiday Lights
Ride tentatively to be from Brewer Park, likely December 16th. Social distancing and masks
will be encouraged.

Concluded at 7:55 pm