January 2021 Board Meeting Notes

DOD Board Meeting Minutes
Via Zoom
Jan 11th, 2020
Commenced 6:46 pm

  1. Public Forum: Adam Steffan: Still waiting for comments on Bylaws to get returned and then
    start the adoption process. Articles of Incorporation are separate – they are being worked on.
    Justin Price: We need to make sure we have representation – how will a small club like DOD have
    a voice compared to really large groups? Adam: Number of board members on OMBC isn’t in
    proportion to the size of the club they’re from. In theory, not any single club has a bigger voice
    than another. Adam: CoE looking for DOD contacts to look at legitimizing some pre-existing,
    unoffical trails near LCC/Arlie/Ridgeline. Looking to build maybe even this spring or summer.
  2. Position reports
    A. Chair (Lee): Brainstorming on a membership pitch with Ben. Cory working on end date issue
    with our membership cards. Need to get t-shirts to our sponsors and Peter for trail work
    rewards.
    B. Vice Chair (Ryan Comeau): Updated website. Working to update trail hours on website and
    develop a web store.
    C. Treasurer (Justin Price) : Presented P&L report for last year. Whypass trail work contractor
    was largest expense. Biggest income was corporate donations. Negative $3500 this year, but
    not bad given the COVID-19 restrictions and no ability to have our normal fundraising
    events. Will have taxes done in February.
    D. Secretary (Jeff Green): Minutes were posted on Dropbox. Jeff to help Ryan with getting
    merchandise store online with photos. Ryan to let Jeff know about photo file type/size
    needed.
    E. Trail Work (Peter O’Toole): Lee/Justin: BLM is considering adding fees for Alsea and maybe
    Carpenter’s Bypass. Peter: BLM is proposing a system where trail work volunteers would be
    able to park for free. Char: There’s no DOD signage for the backside road for Thurston Hills.
    Peter: I’m not aware of DOD signage originally placed at the Thurston Hills area.
    F. PR/Marketing (Issac Johnson): Still working on Trailforks project. Also still trying to find a fun
    way to do a membership drive.
    G. Rides/Events (Fiona): Informal group rides have been occurring, but not advertised, formal
    Club rides. Doing a pre-order of t-shirts for members. Dennis looking to do destination rides
    – June at the earliest. Spence Mtn is a focus right now, and possibly Tillamook. Fiona to look
    at online apparel store options.

Concluded at 7:50 pm