Whypass

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Jolly 7 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Road out at Whypass today, a few new trees down. We moved one and Candy’s group moved one.

There is a large tree tangle where HE enters the woods, two 20″ trees and a bunch of debris, plus a couple small ones.

One tree, 12″, at the exit of the Front Door (Bloody Stump), right at the road.

Lots of small stuff down from the heavy rains and winds.

Road out at Whypass today, a few new trees down. We moved one and Candy’s group moved one.

There is a large tree tangle where HE enters the woods, two 20″ trees and a bunch of debris, plus a couple small ones.

One tree, 12″, at the exit of the Front Door (Bloody Stump), right at the road.

Lots of small stuff down from the heavy rains and winds.

Let us ride!

MaxSteel

Thanks Richard.

The tangle on HE is a mess.  I have a call in to BLM to see what can be done about it.  The rest of the mess on that I saw we can handle without permissions.  I didn't get out to see any of the network between Your Sister and Fun Girl, but is seems we came through in pretty good shape overall. 

I was really happy with the lack of mud and puddles!  Other than the really flat section of Boundary, the puddles were insignificant even after 5+ inches of rain in the last few days!!  Our drainage and rock work has paid off in spades!

Bikinjoe

Friday there were a few puddles, but that was in the middle of some of that 5″ rain:)

Fun Gurl was good, we didn’t do anything beyond that.

MaxSteel

Other than the tangle on HE, the logs are all removed.  If anyone knows of any other downed timber, shout out. All Comers is on the 15th, so we only have one weekend to get repairs done.

Davey Sprockett

A trail runner who lives in Lorane emailed this to me on 1/3/12:

"Perhaps old news to you, but there are two downed logs, big enough to bother a bike I think, on the Y pass. One is on the "red" road, the dirt road to the left of the gravel pit if you are looking up Carpenter's. This log you can see from a ways off. The other is on a spur trail from the red road, heading up the hill under the 3 big old growth trees, near the yellow gate. This log comes up quick if you are coming down hill. Not sure if you'll get my vague directions."

MaxSteel

We've got Rock!  Had a heck of a time getting 3" rock delivered, but it happened yesterday.  We have railroad tie sized treated timbers stashed at the top of tree prison, and the rock is at the beginning of Alpha.  Just what we need to berm up the place.

I am not calling for a big work weekend, but….if you want to come out tomorrow, Saturday at about 10am, I will be fiddling around with some blowdown and might build a berm or two.

Wheelbarrows tread tools and shovels 🙂

Rider1405

Here are some pictures of a small crew laying down some stone.  This is my first time putting pictures is this forum, hope it works, I wonder about the format size.

What a nice winter day it was.

Davey Sprockett

Nice! Thanks!

kimm2222

Thanks for sharing the pics (whoever you are). I fixed them for you, but if your photos are really large like these and getting cut off, just make sure to type in 500 (meaning pixels) or less into the width box to the left of each image when you place them in your post.

Thanks to you and everyone for all of the work you did out there today.

:Kim

MaxSteel

Thanks for the photos Bill!

I would be surprised if anyone can name the place where the log was cut.

We did some good work with drains and rocked some holes on Boundary and Redline too.

Good crew, Bill, Jason, MJW and Simon!  Thank you

Jolly

You guys rock! Can't wait for ACM. 

I spent my Saturday doing trail work at Cape Mt. If anyone wants to ride something a little different come on over and ride the Cape Mt. trails they're in pretty good shape right now. Gonna go ride Blue Horizon this afternoon.

Happy trails

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.