Whypass Blowdown Report 1 21

Home Forums Trail Conditions & Trail Work Whypass Blowdown Report 1 21

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  MaxSteel 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

He is messed up again with a big tangle of blowdown at the edge of the new clearcut where the last tangle of trees was down. It is quite bad. 

There are two small trees down across Can't be Done in the switchbacking downhill section.  Not moveable by hand, but a small handsaw would get them.  I didn't have one with me. 

As noted in another post there are afew trees down where Bloody Stump hits Carpenter Bypass after the steep little root drop. They were blocking the road and are partially cut up but still on the trail. 

Moved some smaller suff off of the trails as we went. Fun girl is now clear as a result of that.  There had been a sketchy tree right on the first sharp right hand turn. 

Most else seemed clear. All of the gravel work that has been in some of the most notorius spots has really paid off. With that said, brakepad destruction season is here. 

He is messed up again with a big tangle of blowdown at the edge of the new clearcut where the last tangle of trees was down. It is quite bad. 

There are two small trees down across Can't be Done in the switchbacking downhill section.  Not moveable by hand, but a small handsaw would get them.  I didn't have one with me. 

As noted in another post there are afew trees down where Bloody Stump hits Carpenter Bypass after the steep little root drop. They were blocking the road and are partially cut up but still on the trail. 

Moved some smaller suff off of the trails as we went. Fun girl is now clear as a result of that.  There had been a sketchy tree right on the first sharp right hand turn. 

Most else seemed clear. All of the gravel work that has been in some of the most notorius spots has really paid off. With that said, brakepad destruction season is here. 

Let us ride!

Sasquatch

Our crew cleared about 8 trees from the trails this morning along with plenty of smaller blowdown.  Nothing too big came down along our route (I skipped HE)

Did you say any motos, or a Black Jeep with a trailer?  They were heading up past the pile at 2pm.

MJW

See Davey's thread… Wait – I don't mean that like it sounds…

bb12creek

I actualy ended up riding on Sturday so the report is a day old I guess.  No sign of motos yesterday and we were out there for 5 hours. 

The trees on He will be a big project. 

MaxSteel

If anybody took a picture of the blowdown it would be very helpful.  BLM will want to see the damage in order to assess whether they want to salvage or not.  If they don't have to drive out it might speed the process.

Pics anyone?

How about an approximate count and diameters?

Thanks for the help.

bikenwright

Just emailed you a pic PT.

tw

MaxSteel

Thanks Tom, I got your pic of Bloody Stump. 

Still need a photo of HE.

MJW

Did you ever get pics of HE, Paul? I can get some tomorrow (2/8) if you still need them. I cleared all the moveable non- timber debris from the trail last week so at least you can see what you can't ride. Getting to be quite the reroute bedded in around thost trees…

MaxSteel

BLM has photos of the damage on HE.  Just talked to Wade this morning and he will prod the necessary departments to make a decision soon.  Crossing my fingers and toes that we can clear it soon. 

When I do get the word to go ahead, I would love to have a dozen or more show up.  It is a mess.

Scratch that first part.  Now Wade says yes to new photos of the damage.  Include a bike or a body by the trunks to show scale.

Thanks,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.