Wanted: Parts to convert a BMX to a tiny little MTB

Home Forums Gear Swap Wanted: Parts to convert a BMX to a tiny little MTB

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Simon's now a dues-paying member of the DoD, and needs a suitable ride. We have a 20" Specialized Hotrock singlespeed with, oddly, a rear hand brake and a coaster brake, that was gifted to him. I've got a new rear wheel coming from eBay hopefully, but we need a cassette or sprocket, maybe a rear derailler and shifters, front hand brake and lever, MTB handlebars, a decent crank,  and maybe one of those Suntour suspension forks. 

And he wants the frame painted red. With a white skull and yellow lightning bolts. 

Any material or technical assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Simon's now a dues-paying member of the DoD, and needs a suitable ride. We have a 20" Specialized Hotrock singlespeed with, oddly, a rear hand brake and a coaster brake, that was gifted to him. I've got a new rear wheel coming from eBay hopefully, but we need a cassette or sprocket, maybe a rear derailler and shifters, front hand brake and lever, MTB handlebars, a decent crank,  and maybe one of those Suntour suspension forks. 

And he wants the frame painted red. With a white skull and yellow lightning bolts. 

Any material or technical assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Let us ride!

Brock

I have some 175mm cranks, but you're probably gonna need 165 or shorter, huh? I have a not awesome disc brake caliper you can have. I don't have any levers. If I can get the other caliper back from someone who's borrowing it, you can have that one as well. I have a flat bar (pretty narrow, 26.5"?) it's 25.4. I think I have a short 25.4 stem. I might have more stuff too…can check when I have a chance.

Brock…

dirtydown

I am not sure exactly what you are looking for.  I have got a Raleigh Mtn Scout 24" mtb for sale for $75.  I converted the front wheel to a 26" with rigid fork.  Kids don't need useless cheap heavy front shocks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.