trailwork-ypass

Home Forums Trail Conditions & Trail Work trailwork-ypass

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kimm2222 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

pto
    Participant

The ypass trails are getting furry with vegetation and need some trail love. We have several of these brushcutters but need operators to make them work. If you and a friend would like to make a contribution to the trails, contact me on this forum or email [email protected] and I will get you the tools you need. Happy trails!

Peter

Attachments:

pto
    Participant

Trail reports indicate NS Tie is overgrown in places and needs a date with a brushcutter. So if that is your preferred ride, you’re invited to get out and give some back.

Peter

bruce prator
    Participant

ns tie is almost entirely cut out now.  I’ve cut two miles of it out now.  watch out for loose P.O.

pto
    Participant

Thanks Bruce.

From the trail report on June 23 ride;

The bottom section of North Shore Tie trail where we built the turnpikes is not bad but above that to the top of the descent all needs serious brushing. Right now, unfortunately, it’s a deal breaker for riding Winberry.
    Post up if you get out there!
    Peter

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  pto.

bruce prator
    Participant

I disagree as I cut out about a 1,8 miles above those turn pikes. The worst is the 2 elongated switchbackes and  a drainage ditch with a werid  unknown plant .  So two miles of ns tie cutout and about 1/2 mile more in places needs it to the bottom of road 104.  The rest is bitching riding since nobody rides those trails it likes riding 20 years ago.

kimm2222
    Participant

Do you mean you logged it out, Bruce? Or maybe you were out there in the last few days with a brush cutter? There are no trees down on NS Tie, but as of last Friday, June 22, it certainly had not been brushed in a looong time (a couple of years or more). You can barely see the trail in some places and it’s a gauntlet of poison oak … you can’t avoid touching the stuff 🙁

:kim 

bruce prator
    Participant

I brushed it out last sunday, and today. So all the worst is gone and you can see and ride the trail at speed.  If you have trouble go to the eye doctor or stop and  brush. This is a lightly used trail so  keep  simple.

pto
    Participant

Thank you Bruce for finishing what you started on NS Tie.

kimm2222
    Participant

Yes— thank you, Bruce! That was a lot of work, I’m sure. Can’t wait to go ride it again.

:kim

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.