Thurston Thursday

Home Forums Trail Conditions & Trail Work Thurston Thursday

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  creaturekris 2 months ago.

• Author

The crew from Life Cycle is gonna get dirty with some trailwork at Thurston. The contractor and his machine are back on the job and that means there's berms to tune. Join the crew this Thursday evening at 5;30 at the trailhead.

The crew from Life Cycle is gonna get dirty with some trailwork at Thurston. The contractor and his machine are back on the job and that means there's berms to tune. Join the crew this Thursday evening at 5;30 at the trailhead.

Let us ride!

creaturekris

I just heard the builder tore down what we did last night, please clarify. Who’s trails are these? Why dig if our work is getting removed?

pto

The builder has a contract with Willamalane to build trails at Thurston. That contract has standards for the build dictated by the land manager, and for this trail that standard is to build a 'green' trail. The contractor informed me that some of the work from Thursday night did not meet contract standards.

We volunteers are being asked to finish the trail that the contractor builds, which includes shaping, raking, drainage and removal of roots and branches from the trail corridor. We will meet at the trailhead every Thursday at 5:30 until the task is completed and the trail is opened to the public.

hotdisc90

Approx how much trial is left for said contractor to build?

I walked the gravel to the top thursday eve with the wife, The bottom and mid section looks really sweet and juicy! Anxious to roll sume rubber.

hotdisc90

Approx how much trial is left for said contractor to build?

I walked the gravel to the top thursday eve with the wife, The bottom and mid section looks really sweet and juicy! Anxious to roll sume rubber.

creaturekris

Thank you for the clarification, see you Thursday. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.