STOLEN: 2014 Santa Cruz Bronson C XX1 orange/black with ENVE

Home Forums Gear Swap STOLEN: 2014 Santa Cruz Bronson C XX1 orange/black with ENVE

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Stolen mountain bike!  2014 Santa Cruz Bronson C orange/black with orange ENVE rims. Probably rolling around somewhere with a new fork and front wheel at minimum.

Car and bike were rear-ended on Highway 126 and 52nd in Springfield.  The bike was locked to the car but was taken off the bed of the tow truck 10 minutes after these photos were taken.

If you see it, please call the Eugene Police Department at (541) 682-5111 and reference case # 15-09445.

Stolen mountain bike!  2014 Santa Cruz Bronson C orange/black with orange ENVE rims. Probably rolling around somewhere with a new fork and front wheel at minimum.

Car and bike were rear-ended on Highway 126 and 52nd in Springfield.  The bike was locked to the car but was taken off the bed of the tow truck 10 minutes after these photos were taken.

If you see it, please call the Eugene Police Department at (541) 682-5111 and reference case # 15-09445.

Let us ride!

Brock

Shut your friggin’ mouth. Sorry man. Best of luck.

Brock…

S.S.Litson

Dude, nothing like a little insult to injury. Sorry to hear this…hope the tow company can assume resonsability. I would pursue it.

Roland

Seems like whoever hit you should be responsible.  They already seriously damaged the bike in the collision, then their irresponsibility further directly led to the bike being lost entirely. 

Davey Sprockett

I'd talk to an attorney about legal liability. If the bike was stolen while it was in possession of the tow company, the tow company may be responsible for its safe keeping and therefore liable for the loss. An attorney should be able to determine that.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possession_(law)

tbmaddux

As I was typing this up it just struck me as silly and trivial now after the tragic death of Roland last week, and I almost didn't post it, but I wanted to follow up:

Thanks everyone.  At this point I'm really just hoping the bike lands somewhere that someone sees it and can alert the EPD. The stolen bike market pisses me off.

We've pretty much recovered from the wreck and theft and thankfully none of the 5 of us were seriously hurt other than aches and soreness for a few days.  I hit my elbow on the steering wheel from protecting my head during the accident.

I don't know about the driver of the Cadillac that hit us (he was still in the hospital a couple weeks later, no seatbelt) and our friends that were stopped in front of us at the light are still fighting with his insurance to get their truck covered (the rear-ending took out not only my car and his but their truck).

Picture from Friday of the new bike leaning up against the new car.  It got some ride time at Alsea yesterday and is on its way with me to Black Rock today:

tbmaddux

Over a year and a half later and… my frame and dropped post have been recovered by the Eugene police department. Someone found a post about it and did the right thing by calling it in. My insurance company will probably take ownership of it.

Many thanks to that Good Samaritan!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.