Snow Buddies Request

Home Forums Rides Snow Buddies Request

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dirtydown 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

So, I've been thinking now that it's ski season, DOD should really have a sister group for Snow Sports of Eugene. 

•  

One geared specifically for snow sports, group trips to skiing, boarding, tubing, sleding, snow shoeing, ice skating occasionally. : ). Could have watch parties this winter for the olympics.

Could get groups to go in on ski cabins

Cat skiing-I learned about this on the lift today, would like to try this out with a group sometime at Bailey Mountain?

The possibilities are endless! Endless I tell you.

Clinics. Could partner with the Bend area snow meetup group

Just a seasonal group

•  

Cross country, back country, snow shoing, snow man making, snow ball fighting.  Snow cones.

Could have an annual get together in some cool cabins with a pot luck as the group got traction

Pray for snow events, ski swaps, lots of beer gardens and nachos

A ski family

Group watch parties on the cheesy 80s ski movies…just sayin.

Model it after the DOD structure.  Monthly happy skis, maybe every week or every other week ski days, with some bigger events sprinkled in? 

Who is with me?  There's got to be a lot of mountain bikers that are also snow bums.  I know it isn't bikes, but at least it's something to get us through the winter.

So, I've been thinking now that it's ski season, DOD should really have a sister group for Snow Sports of Eugene. 

•  

One geared specifically for snow sports, group trips to skiing, boarding, tubing, sleding, snow shoeing, ice skating occasionally. : ). Could have watch parties this winter for the olympics.

Could get groups to go in on ski cabins

Cat skiing-I learned about this on the lift today, would like to try this out with a group sometime at Bailey Mountain?

The possibilities are endless! Endless I tell you.

Clinics. Could partner with the Bend area snow meetup group

Just a seasonal group

•  

Cross country, back country, snow shoing, snow man making, snow ball fighting.  Snow cones.

Could have an annual get together in some cool cabins with a pot luck as the group got traction

Pray for snow events, ski swaps, lots of beer gardens and nachos

A ski family

Group watch parties on the cheesy 80s ski movies…just sayin.

Model it after the DOD structure.  Monthly happy skis, maybe every week or every other week ski days, with some bigger events sprinkled in? 

Who is with me?  There's got to be a lot of mountain bikers that are also snow bums.  I know it isn't bikes, but at least it's something to get us through the winter.

Let us ride!

dirtydown

Carly,

I am always looking for ski/sb partners.  I have received very little response when I have posted my ski plans.  I am even mostly set up to do some easier access back country with randonee skis/skins.  I have had the gear for a couple years and not used it.  Definitely need to hook up with experienced people for that. 

If the snow conditions improve, I am planning to go to Hoodoo the following Saturday for the Backcountry Festival.

The snow levels are very low all across the west.  Mt Baker, WA is good with around 100". 

I would love to take a 2 week trip to Moab in the early spring and stop along the way at different ski resorts (Bogus Basin, Sun Valley, SLC area, etc.).  Spend 5 days riding around Moab. 

I will post up when I have plans to go skiing.

cmonkey1632

I am planning to go next Saturday to Hoodoo for the Winterfest. Also, I have skied Bogus Basin before.  That sounds fun, road trip for mtb and skiing!  Stay in touch!  If we could make a sub-ski group, that would be awesome. 

MaxSteel

just waiting for snow!

dirtydown

Any snow plans for this weekend (2/24-25)?

MaxSteel

just when it starts snowing…..I hit the disabled list.  My back is f'd for now.

cmonkey1632

Just when it starts snowing, I'm signed up for the ladies ride today.

dirtydown

I will be getting a Mt B Spring pass ($200 before 4/1).  I will be making a lot more trips over during the spring.  As the days get longer and the lower elevation trails open up, I like to add a mtb ride after skiing.  I may have access to a house for over-nighters.

dirtydown

Hoodoo this Monday 3/26.  Carpool from Thurston Albertson's.  Reply if interested.

dirtydown

Plan changed.  I am going to Hoodoo tomorrow, Sunday 3/25.

dirtydown

I am going to Mt Bachelor tomorrow (Monday) for the day.  I would appreciate some company.  Based on weather forcast, it could be a blue bird day after a couple days of snow.  If anyone is interested, you can text or call me at five4one 5one0 two3zero9.   

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.