Sawtooth Struggle

Home Forums Rides Sawtooth Struggle

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      MaxSteel
      Participant

Gauging interest in this epic weekend adventure.  The natural weekend for it is Sept 22-23 this year.

Camp at Timpanogas.  Swim, canoe, relax…

Saturday ride/hike and summit two mountains.  Cowhorn and Sawtooth. Sunday ride/picnic/swim in Suzanne Lake.

If somebody can find prior writeups and snatch the link to Nate’s blog…that will tell you all you need to know.

The last couple years were lightly attended.  Smoke last year….hope that gets gone!

bruce prator
      Participant

I’m going for sure. The best camping and riding around.

taylorj
      Participant

That sounds like a really good time!  I might actually make this one.

slowleego
      Keymaster

It is a fantastic ride and “peak bagging” experience.

Here is a link to a wonderful write-up of the adventure.

https://wheelsandwater.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-sawtooth-struggle-or-9713.html?m=1

Lee

Emily Fisken
      Participant

I was going to run the Mollala River Trail Half that day, but this sounds way cooler, count me in with a good weather window!

MaxSteel
      Participant

Just to further heat up the interest….After bagging 2 7000′ mountains on Saturday, the Sunday ride for a picnic/swim at Suzanne Lake is always amazing as well.  10′ leap into clear water for the platform divers in the group, or scramble down to the waters edge.

Radam
      Participant

I’ve penciled this in Paul.  If there’s any extra or double drivers on their way out early some could also do a full MFT if a car drop at the bottom would work out.  Cheers.  -Adam.

MaxSteel
      Participant

Pro tip:  pack tennis shoes for the peak bagging part of the day if you have hard soled bike shoes w/cleats.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.