Northeast Oregon road trip

Home Forums General Discussion Northeast Oregon road trip

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am formulating a last minute plan to explore the trails/roads in northeast Oregon the week of Memorial Day.  I am posting on the long shot that someone might want to join me.  I am totally open to revising the plan. 

The basic objective is to explore the trails around Baker City, LaGrande, Sumpter (Wallowa-Whitman NF, Umatilla NF, etc.) and Hell's Canyon.  It is about seeing the country and getting some good mtbing.  It could be a combination of car camping and motels.  My tentative plan is to leave Monday (Memorial Day).  Stay at a ranch off the John Day River (Spray).  The riding at the ranch will be open range exploring with some rim-rock free-ride.  Leave the ranch late Tuesday and head for Baker City.  After that the plans are open.  The trail choices will depend on conditions. 

I will be taking an inflatable paddle board as well.

I am formulating a last minute plan to explore the trails/roads in northeast Oregon the week of Memorial Day.  I am posting on the long shot that someone might want to join me.  I am totally open to revising the plan. 

The basic objective is to explore the trails around Baker City, LaGrande, Sumpter (Wallowa-Whitman NF, Umatilla NF, etc.) and Hell's Canyon.  It is about seeing the country and getting some good mtbing.  It could be a combination of car camping and motels.  My tentative plan is to leave Monday (Memorial Day).  Stay at a ranch off the John Day River (Spray).  The riding at the ranch will be open range exploring with some rim-rock free-ride.  Leave the ranch late Tuesday and head for Baker City.  After that the plans are open.  The trail choices will depend on conditions. 

I will be taking an inflatable paddle board as well.

Let us ride!

Davey Sprockett

Hey Nick,

I can't join you but ten years ago SeenYour Crash and I did this:

http://forums.mtbr.com/oregon/elkhorn-crest-bob-trip-photos-450837.html

Worthy stuff out thataway.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.