North Shore creek bypass is cut in!

Home Forums Trail Conditions & Trail Work North Shore creek bypass is cut in!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MaxSteel 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Rode N Shore today–conditions were unbelievably good for Feb 6th: clear skies and temps that had me down to short sleeve jersey much of the ride. Was pleased to see that 90% of the hard work is done at the bypass to the first unrideable (for me) creek crossing. That whole sidehill is buzzed of all the profusion of blackberry vines and the tread is in place. It looks like it would be finished w/ a single work party of reasonable size.

Does anybody know when this was done and by whom? Also what is the name of this creek?

This trail just keeps getting better and better. I know there's a lot of work left overall to perfect this gem, but I still love it and have a great time every time I ride it.

It's a trail that will make you a better rider if you let it!

Loving North Shore,

Randy

Rode N Shore today–conditions were unbelievably good for Feb 6th: clear skies and temps that had me down to short sleeve jersey much of the ride. Was pleased to see that 90% of the hard work is done at the bypass to the first unrideable (for me) creek crossing. That whole sidehill is buzzed of all the profusion of blackberry vines and the tread is in place. It looks like it would be finished w/ a single work party of reasonable size.

Does anybody know when this was done and by whom? Also what is the name of this creek?

This trail just keeps getting better and better. I know there's a lot of work left overall to perfect this gem, but I still love it and have a great time every time I ride it.

It's a trail that will make you a better rider if you let it!

Loving North Shore,

Randy

Let us ride!

Mudflaps

Randy,

Don't know the name of that creek. The work was reportedly done by the Sherriff's prisoner crew. Hooray for them! 

It looked as you described it last week too. Now, if only we could magically get the poison oak to not grow there…

Tim

S.S.Litson

Rode last weekend too and loved the hard work the inmates put in. Randy, I would love to see someone clear that crossing and make the othe side without dropping a foot. That is a tough section for certain, well until the ride around is complete. I really like this trail. It is easy for new riders, yet had challenging sections for the advanced to keep the fun in it.

Roland

The Army has had work crews out working on that reroute several times now.  They are still planning to put in one more day of work, this Wednesday (Feb 8.)

Hopefully it will be done after that.  If not, the DOD might assemble a small crew to go in and put on the finishing touches.

Wildchubby

Does this mean we should be good trail stewards and bed it in this Wednesday night?  I'm sure Whypass could use a break and NS is an adventure at night.

MaxSteel

Good idea Jason!

Add on for the Sheriff's crew.  They have also been doing some brushing west of the new cut-in and I think, correct me if I'm wrong Roland, they intend to do more brushing near the end of February.  Hooray!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.