New Years Day Hangover Ride

Home Forums Rides New Years Day Hangover Ride

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Let's ring in the new Year with a good ride, headed out about at 10:30. Thinking Middle Fork or something of the like.

Email if you want to go.

Let's ring in the new Year with a good ride, headed out about at 10:30. Thinking Middle Fork or something of the like.

Email if you want to go.

Let us ride!

Brock

I'm a definite maybe/for sure probably.

When you firm up your trail selection that would firm up my decision.

Brock…

Maximilious

Me too

Bikinjoe

We are good for whatever, if there is a preferce then speak up. We drove to Bend today and there was very little snow at the top,of MRTand raining like crazy….

Would prefer Oakrdige but let’s hear some suggestions.

MJW

I'll take a piece of this as well. I have no strong preference, other than maximizing riding time and minimizing driving time. 

Brock

The ones I've been thinking are MF, Brice and Larrison Creek. Other than the selfish nature of a 30 minute drive to Brice I don't have a preference. 

Brock…

Bikinjoe

How about Larison Ck? Out and back. We can meet at LCC at 10:20 or the Trailhead about 11:00.

Maximilious

Is Larison Creek legal this time of year?  I would rather climb the road but will climb the trail if that is the group conscious.  Only problem with larison is that it is pretty short.  Alpine is probably still good now that human activity has irreversably changed the earths climate.  Brice works for me too.

Brock

Larrison Creek is OK to ride. It's Larrison Rock that's shut to bikes.

I'm going to ride Larrison Creek…out/back. I'm not fond of riding 8 miles of gravel for less than 7 miles of trail, plus the trail rides "different" each direction.

I'll be at the THC parking area at 10:57. I'm meeting a carpool in PeeHill at 10:11.

Brock…

Maximilious

right, i was thinking of larison rock, larison creek sound good, now it all makes sense, out and back yes, larison creek trailhead 11am

Bikinjoe

Sounds like the plan, if we want more we can always ride back into Oakridge and do lower Flat Creek as well.

Anyone wanting to carpool, let’s meet at P-Hill as Brock suggested.

Brock

Just so we're crystal on this…do folks want to just meet at the Larrison Creek trailhead or the THC (Trail Head Cafe) at 10:59? I'd prefer to skip the cafe regroup…but just realized I put THC in my post.

Brock…

Bikinjoe

I think P-Hill or the actual trailhead works for us, I don’t see a need to regroup again at the cafe.

Maximilious

sounds like P-Hill Ray's parking lot ~10:15am Jan 1, 2012 is the plan? …. I'll be there, looking forward to it

kimm2222

Unless we're TOO hungover, Randy and I will be there…

:Kim

Bikinjoe

That is the intention:) it will be a fun and casual hangover paced ride….

Forest

Can I get a ride from Eugene with someone? I have gas monies.

Bikinjoe

Forest,

Where do you live? We are southwest Eugene and could pick you up on our way out of town if it works.

Forest

I'm by Tugman Park at Hilyard and 36th – if it's easier i could go to Albertsons or the Dairy Mart, too. Thanks!

Bikinjoe

I sent you an email, but got a weird page after so let me know if you don’t get it.

Forest

Richard, reply sent!

-f

Bikinjoe

Awesome ride today, 17 people! Can’t wait to see the picture posted up….

Brock

For real! Good times. 8 of us on singlespeeds, one pair of forgotten shoes, box of fantastic home-made truffles by MJW, Forest wore his see through shorts & Not-Nick only complained the first half of the ride.

Brock…

Maximilious

beautiful day out there

dirtydown

Points of clarification:

I am the original "Evil" Nick.  Everyone else is "Not Nick".

I was only complaining that I was almost late because I was so confused about where to get the ride information.  I just couldn't decide whether to go to the Yahoo listserve or the Forums.  I was scared that if I entered the Forums I would have to use a RSS feed.  I thought RSS was an abbreviation for Rectal Screening Scope.  While I occasionally use rectal devices for pleasure, I was reluctant to use one to get ride information.  I am sure everyone, "Not Nick", can appreciate my dilema.

Maximilious

Rectal Screening Scan? I knew I shouldn’t have downloaded that App. Damn Forums

kimm2222

It was the perfect way to ring in the New Year… driving out of the fog and spending the day riding bikes up in sunny Oakridge. Thanks to Richard for organizing and leading the ride. -Kim

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.