Looking for local trails

Home Forums Rides Looking for local trails

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jotofar
      Participant

I have no car . Looking for a trail I can ride to on my bike within  a 10 mile radius of city of Eugene . Been here a year .  From the east coast

every town I ever lived in had at least 10 miles of single track within a one hour ride from my door .

pto
      Participant

Not much in the way of legal trail w/in biking distance.

There is Ridgeline trail in south eugene if you like riding gravel hiking trails, and wild iris in SW eug. is open to bikes but is crowded with hikers so I don’t recommend it. Check the Eugene Parks map as many trails are hiking only.

Thurston Hills in east springfield has limited trails open now due to wet muddy trails but expect all trails to open in a month or so. Check with Willamalane.

As might be expected in a metro area with so little single track to offer, there are several non-sanctioned trails close in to the city, but I have not ridden them so can’t tell you much about them.

jotofar
      Participant

From looking at maps and riding everything I can find this much I figured out . Making sure I didn’t miss anything

I can wait for Thurston .

is it worth it to take a hour bus to Lowell after the covid is over

peoples Strava loops look impressive out that way

pto
      Participant

North Shore Trail is an excellent trail with tech features and provides access to much more trail on National Forest.  The poison oak is leafing out so if you get it, something to consider.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.