IMBA

Home Forums General Discussion IMBA

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Davey Sprockett 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

I received an email today from IMBA. Here's what it said:

"Don't go just yet!

Dave,

Your membership with Disciples of Dirt has expired and they would love to have you back. 

Please renew to ensure Disciples of Dirt can continue to construct and maintain your backyard trails, advocate for local mountain bike access, host rides and events, and provide opportunities to volunteer.

As part of positive changes with the new IMBA Local program, “membership” now resides solely with IMBA chapters and affiliate clubs. As a result, more money than ever is staying with local mountain bike groups. This change is the result of more than a year of IMBA consulting with its chapters on how they would like to evolve and improve their relationships with IMBA.

Local mountain bike organizations rely on the support of incredible riders like you. Please renew your local membership today for as little as $5 per month, which gets you great benefits including thousands of dollars worth of gear discounts via IMBA partners. 

Thank you for your continued support of grassroots mountain biking!
    The IMBA team"

So… is DOD still an IMBA Chapter or does IMBA just think it is? If not, how do I renew my DOD membership without paying IMBA? Thanks!

By the way I don't think my membership actually expired. I think I renewed late last summer but I never got a membership card and I can't remember for certain. Sheesh.

I received an email today from IMBA. Here's what it said:

"Don't go just yet!

Dave,

Your membership with Disciples of Dirt has expired and they would love to have you back. 

Please renew to ensure Disciples of Dirt can continue to construct and maintain your backyard trails, advocate for local mountain bike access, host rides and events, and provide opportunities to volunteer.

As part of positive changes with the new IMBA Local program, “membership” now resides solely with IMBA chapters and affiliate clubs. As a result, more money than ever is staying with local mountain bike groups. This change is the result of more than a year of IMBA consulting with its chapters on how they would like to evolve and improve their relationships with IMBA.

Local mountain bike organizations rely on the support of incredible riders like you. Please renew your local membership today for as little as $5 per month, which gets you great benefits including thousands of dollars worth of gear discounts via IMBA partners. 

Thank you for your continued support of grassroots mountain biking!
    The IMBA team"

So… is DOD still an IMBA Chapter or does IMBA just think it is? If not, how do I renew my DOD membership without paying IMBA? Thanks!

By the way I don't think my membership actually expired. I think I renewed late last summer but I never got a membership card and I can't remember for certain. Sheesh.

Let us ride!

slowleego

Mr. Sprocketts,

Technically, the club is still an IMBA member. Currently, the board is working with a local nonprofit attorney to revamp our Articles, Bylaws, and file the necessary paperwork. The wesbite, along with membership payment options, are also being completely rebuilt. For now, I'd say hold on to your hard earned money, and wait for the "DOD rev. 2.0"  coming out later this spring. Or, a person can still make a direct payment to the club via the paypal link.

Cheers,

Lee

Davey Sprockett

Thanks, man!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.