Holiday Lights Ride 12/17 6:30PM

Home Forums Rides Holiday Lights Ride 12/17 6:30PM

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  MaxSteel 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

The DOD annual Holiday Lights Ride is Thursday, December 17th
    Meet at Jeff Green’s House at 6:30PM. 1912 Lemming Ave. Eugene, OR 97401.

This will be a fun and festive ride through the N. Gilham RD area (yes on pavement).
    We will pedal and ooh and awe and then back to Jeff’s for pizza, beverages and merriment. 
    Beverages are on the hosts, but be prepared to chip in for pizzas.

Bring head and tail lights and dress smart for weather and visibility.
    Festive bike décor is encouraged. 
    See you there!

The DOD annual Holiday Lights Ride is Thursday, December 17th
    Meet at Jeff Green’s House at 6:30PM. 1912 Lemming Ave. Eugene, OR 97401.

This will be a fun and festive ride through the N. Gilham RD area (yes on pavement).
    We will pedal and ooh and awe and then back to Jeff’s for pizza, beverages and merriment. 
    Beverages are on the hosts, but be prepared to chip in for pizzas.

Bring head and tail lights and dress smart for weather and visibility.
    Festive bike décor is encouraged. 
    See you there!

Let us ride!

taylorj

Hi All,
    We scouted the route last night and are confident the ooh and awe factor will be high!
    The route includes some awesome ornamental spectacles including: T- Rex with a Santa hat on and a 12ft tall Darth Vader.  Now you are intrigued.

if you have a favorite holiday treat that you want to share at the after party please bring it.

Brock

You two are stepping up the Festivus lights ride game! Nice. I hope to make it again. Thank you.

Brock…

taylorj

With your help, we can put the "Us" in "Festivus".

(can you smell that?! – LOL, I totally cracked myself up)

Davey Sprockett

Damn, I'm scheduled to work that evening. Y'all have fun.

jaewannabe

I thought you retired. 

Davey Sprockett

Everything changes.

jaewannabe

I rarely change. I always wear my pink shorts for you. 

MaxSteel

Bringing leftover Festivus Beer, putting lights on the bike and loading the flask!  Check

Oh yeah, dry change of clothes.

Sir Bonksalot

Alright, Disciples, gather 'round.

Tomorrow eve at the hour of half-past six o'clock, our holiday lights ride will commence from my house at 1912 Lemming Ave in Eugene. It's in a cul-de-sac with red and blue lights. Feel free to show up a bit early if you like.

The ride will go through the N. Gilham Road neighborhood, which has good light displays. I mean, slap-yo-momma good. In fact, not good. EPIC! And for the first time, we will have a mobile DJ with us (me) blasting all your holiday music favorites (unless you favor country, in which case, you'll be sorely disappointed).

Pokey has once again used his time and connections to obtain a pizza DONATION from the very generous people at Track Town (THANKS!), and the beer will be supplied by the Club (YES!). I'll have those disposable hand warmers if you want some. Seriously, does it get any better?

If you miss this ride, you'll make baby Gary Fisher cry. So I hope you join us – maybe with rain gear, holiday spirit, and a warm fuzzy feeling that only beer, pizza and gathering of rad people can provide.

jaewannabe

Sounds like fun, i wish I could make it. 

MaxSteel

That was a very pleasant ride!  Thanks to Jeff for hosting, and for teaming with Josh to scout the route.  Those that showed enjoyed balmy temperatures in a very light sprinkle and extraordiary light displays.  

Capped it off with pizza and more beer at Jeff's abode…….if you wussed out, you missed out!

Merry Christmas Disciples!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.