Happy Ride: Larison Creek 3/29/2014

Home Forums Rides Happy Ride: Larison Creek 3/29/2014

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  soilgirl 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Ridiculously fun and quite scenic Larison Creek hosts our next Happy Ride, this Saturday. We’ll ride, laugh, sweat & enjoy some sweet times. Perhaps we’ll be treated with some tasty treats…who knows!? Let’s roll from the trail head off road 21 at 11:01. I’d encourage Ewwjean folks to carpool…BUT…since I’m not coming from there I won’t tell you where/when. If someone from Cottage Grove/Creswell wants a ride I’d be happy to pick you up. I have room for two more.

Brock…

Ridiculously fun and quite scenic Larison Creek hosts our next Happy Ride, this Saturday. We’ll ride, laugh, sweat & enjoy some sweet times. Perhaps we’ll be treated with some tasty treats…who knows!? Let’s roll from the trail head off road 21 at 11:01. I’d encourage Ewwjean folks to carpool…BUT…since I’m not coming from there I won’t tell you where/when. If someone from Cottage Grove/Creswell wants a ride I’d be happy to pick you up. I have room for two more.

Brock…

Let us ride!

StephanM

Is this place easy to find? Im from out of town.

Thanks

Stephan

S.S.Litson

Yes, fairly easy to find. From I-5 travel east on HWY 58 about 40 to the Mountain Bike Capital of the NW…Oakridge. Keep driving (35mph) on 58 to the end of town. You will see the speed raise to 45mph as you start ascending a hill then it changes to 55mph as you exit Oakridge. At this point you will pass Dink’s market on the left and turn right about a hundred yards later on Kitson Springs road. Follow Kitson Springs road for about a half mile and turn right on Diamond Drive (the first available right). Follow Diamond drive about 1.9 miles to Larison Cove. The trail head is to the right just before you cross the cove. There should be other cars parked here already if you arrive on time.

StephanM

Thank you so much

Brock

I'm not trying to convince anyone to attend a Happy Ride…but there happens to be a big pan of some special treat waiting to be consumed, post-ride.

Brock…

taylorj

Happy Brownies?
    🙂

Brock

Holy crap…Thanks to too much water on the trail to be ridden responsibly………yep, we have to change venues for our Happy Ride tomorrow. I'm sorry about that, but we have to do it folks. We'll meet up at Whypass and do that dance. Same time, 11. We'll get wet at Whypass. The tasty treats and artery hardening are still available!

Brock…

agentp

Hello All,

I am making a public service announcement and letting everyone know I am gracing this ride with my presence. Sorry for the late announcement but I did not want the press to run with this story.

MrBaker

Breaking news report:

Asshole ruins ride by showing up.

LORANE, OR – Planned monthly Disciples of Dirt club mountain bike "happy ride" turns sour when suspected redneck, Perry Morris of Cottage Grove pulls into parking lot just as the group is departing. Senior members of the group were disgruntled and tried to wrangle up the Carpenter's Bypass newcomers and head out before Perry managed to get ready to go. However, despite the push, Morris still managed to make the ride.

Things quickly went sour for the "Happy Ride" as the morning progressed.

"Being new to the Disciples of Dirt, I hadn't yet heard the talk about Perry [Morris]," said one participant, who chose not to give his name for fear of retribution. "I left the ride after a mere five minutes. At first he seemed like a good individual, but after about 30 seconds of talking with Perry, I discovered he is a total hack and that his only reason for coming to the ride was the fact he had heard that there might be new people at Whypass. New people who might have brought him beer [the first and only stated rule by the Disciples of Dirt in regards to Whypass is that "newbies bring beer"]."

Two elderly gentlemen and a pack of deer were found dead at the scene following the incident. Initial reports suspect that all were trambled in the rush to start the ride ahead of time due to the untimely arrival of Morris. 

Police are still looking for leads as to who or which terrorist organization is responsible in providing Perry Morris the details on the location and time of the group ride.

agentp

Dam press I announced it too soon!

slowleego

MrBaker

You go to the front of the line……

See you mugs at 11:03am.

taylorj

Hi all,

You may have been checking, but weather.gov says – Thundershowers likely after 11AM along with 22+mph winds out at Lorane.
    We will want to watch the sky to keep on the safe side.
    I am still planning on  heading out there unless Happy Ride coordinator calls it.

-Josh

Brock

Well, it wasn't the ride Team Happy planned when we put it on the calendar BUT it was a Happy Ride! Fourteen or twelve or thirteen folks smiled under the sun at Whypass, yes sun. There was a bit of mud here and there. A slippery spot or two were navigated, but despite Old Mother Nature's best intentions we had fun damnit! It was an international affair with folks from USA, Canada and Florence. Lee set a brisk pace for my shuttlemonkey ass, however it was just what the Dr ordered: elevated heart rate, heavy breathing, perspiration, smiles, humility and wide grins between the dry heaves…good times!

Seriously Disciples, thank you for another fantastic day in the woods. Well done.

Brock…

taylorj

Super fun Ride! Thanks all.
    Attention: International rider Terry, from Florence 🙂
    Please post a pic or two of the ride.

Jolly

A great Happy Ride!

agentp

Yes even I was happy today! It was fun to ride with everyone today. 

Jolly

Opps! First time posting from my iPhone.
    Just turner your computer upside down, it’s good.
    What can you expect from a foreigner.

kimm2222

Florence is the Land Down Under?

:kim

S.S.Litson

Ha, that’s what I was thinking Kim lol.

Jolly

Now that I'm back on the right side of the world.

(notice Lee in both shots, how does he do that?)

soilgirl

I have been missing my Garmin since this ride. Anyone seen it?

Thanks,

Amanda

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.