Details on Crawfish?

Home Forums Trail Conditions & Trail Work Details on Crawfish?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brock 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Anyone have a link to the details on Crawfish in terms of the trailhead and route? Any idea on how it would be in terms of snow/mud?

Thanks.

Joe

Anyone have a link to the details on Crawfish in terms of the trailhead and route? Any idea on how it would be in terms of snow/mud?

Thanks.

Joe

Let us ride!

Brock

Row (pronounced "Ow" as in "ow, it hurt to hit that tree") River road through CG. Stay on that through about 74 name changes (maybe only 6 name changes, but still…). You'll come to the Brice Creek trailhead about 23 miles after the WalMart in CG. If you're riding up, park there. Road 2241 is 3/4 mile up the paved road you were just driving on. Take 2241 (sign says "Knott trail: 6 miles) uphill, straight uphill, for 6 miles. You can go up Knott trail at that point (it's obvious) or continue on 2241 another 1.5 miles to the first road crossing for Crawfish. The trail crossing is obvious and signed well. Get on…and get down!

Once you hit pavement…you can take a right to hit Brice Creek trail at either Lund Park (1 mile) or the end of Brice (1.75 miles) and ride that back to your rig…OR…take a left and coast pavement to the rig…OR…go left and coast pavement to Cedar Creek campground and ride the last 1.5 miles of Brice back to the rigs.

It's that easy and it's my FAVE Lane county ride, period.

It's also not easy to get to the 2241 crossing right now. There's still some snow on the road and you can't ride the whole way, there's gonna be A LOT of walking, in snow. You can do the "lower" loop off road 2263-717 easy enough right now and get close to 60 0r 70% of the trail, but that's a shit-ton of riding for the mileage of trail. It's super popular with the DH/shuttle crowd though.

I love it and it's close to me. If you want a tour guide, let me know.

Brock…

eugenemtbing

OK. Thanks. Any suggestions for a ride that would be more singletrack despite the snow level and recent weather?

Sasquatch

Brice Creek should be good.

Brock

True story. Couple trees, nothing buzzkill.

Larrison Creek is good, Middle Fork is OK, though I'm not sure how far up you can get right now.

Brock…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.