Cape Mountain – DOD & Eugene Velo

Home Forums Rides Cape Mountain – DOD & Eugene Velo

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  kimm2222 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Cape Mountain MTB Ride Details

A joint ride with Disciples of Dirt & Eugene Velo

RIDE LEADER

Dennis Sibilia-Young

TRAIL DESCRIPTION

Cape Mountain gets use from Hikers, Horses, Mountain Bikes, and Trail Runners.  This trail system has one large loop with 3 or 4 off-shoot trails. It’s all narrow singletrack, with lots of short bursty climbs, tree-roots, and rock step-ups. The descents are fast and have good sight lines. You will like Cape Mountain’s very-clear and unique signage system (at all major intersections). If the weather permits, expect a couple of beautiful ocean views. Also expect to be challenged. You’ll want to come back to Cape Mountain

RIDE DETAILS

The ride starts and finishes at Dry Lake Trailhead. Look for the circular parking lot and the Bicycle Way of Life tent. Plan to arrive at the trailhead 11:20-ish. We’ll get on trail at noon. Snacks will be provided at the end of the ride.

Sunday’s weather forecast is 55/39 Partly Sunny. Be prepared for moisture in the form of wet fog. The trail will be wet and there’s likelihood of 2 creek crossings

I have ridden Cape Mountain 12 or more times and am familiar with the area. Signage is good. I’ll have my mobile phone and a battery backup. Cell phone coverage is good, although there may be no service in some of the low areas. I’ll also carry a 1st Aid Kit, water and energy food. I suggest riders carry food, water, spare jacket and mountain bike gloves – as well as a tire repair kit (tube, levers & pump). MTB riders are currently the largest user-group at Cape Mountain . Please be respectful to horse-back riders and trail runners.

HELP IS NEEDED

If you are willing and able, please be ready to be day-of Trail Ambassador\/Guide or Tent and Snack Set-up Helper

RESOURCES

https://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/cape-mountain-trail-system.html

Here’s Strava for capture for Cape Mountain https://www.strava.com/activities/563659952

10.6mi Distance

1:44:51 Moving Time

1,913ft Elevation

Cape Mountain MTB Ride Details

A joint ride with Disciples of Dirt & Eugene Velo

RIDE LEADER

Dennis Sibilia-Young

TRAIL DESCRIPTION

Cape Mountain gets use from Hikers, Horses, Mountain Bikes, and Trail Runners.  This trail system has one large loop with 3 or 4 off-shoot trails. It’s all narrow singletrack, with lots of short bursty climbs, tree-roots, and rock step-ups. The descents are fast and have good sight lines. You will like Cape Mountain’s very-clear and unique signage system (at all major intersections). If the weather permits, expect a couple of beautiful ocean views. Also expect to be challenged. You’ll want to come back to Cape Mountain

RIDE DETAILS

The ride starts and finishes at Dry Lake Trailhead. Look for the circular parking lot and the Bicycle Way of Life tent. Plan to arrive at the trailhead 11:20-ish. We’ll get on trail at noon. Snacks will be provided at the end of the ride.

Sunday’s weather forecast is 55/39 Partly Sunny. Be prepared for moisture in the form of wet fog. The trail will be wet and there’s likelihood of 2 creek crossings

I have ridden Cape Mountain 12 or more times and am familiar with the area. Signage is good. I’ll have my mobile phone and a battery backup. Cell phone coverage is good, although there may be no service in some of the low areas. I’ll also carry a 1st Aid Kit, water and energy food. I suggest riders carry food, water, spare jacket and mountain bike gloves – as well as a tire repair kit (tube, levers & pump). MTB riders are currently the largest user-group at Cape Mountain . Please be respectful to horse-back riders and trail runners.

HELP IS NEEDED

If you are willing and able, please be ready to be day-of Trail Ambassador\/Guide or Tent and Snack Set-up Helper

RESOURCES

https://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/cape-mountain-trail-system.html

Here’s Strava for capture for Cape Mountain https://www.strava.com/activities/563659952

10.6mi Distance

1:44:51 Moving Time

1,913ft Elevation

Let us ride!

kimm2222

A small group of us rode out there today. It was sunny and warm and the trails were bone dry. In the upper meadow it was 62 degrees! About half a dozen trees down but nothing massive. You guys will have a blast!

:kim

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.