Blackberry bRamble Sun Aug 5

Home Forums General Discussion Blackberry bRamble Sun Aug 5

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Maximilious 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

I am seeking volunteers to help with DOD's involvement in the Blackberry bRamble this year on Sunday, August 5th.  There are two assignments, so if you have interest in either one please send me an email.  

• 1- I need a couple of people to staff the DOD booth at the bRamble celebration which occurs at Amazon Park from about noon until 5pm.  This will involve telling people about what DOD is and does, so you need to know that.  This will also probably involve selling stickers and maybe the new DOD jerseys.  There will also be a "family friendly skills MTB park" setup, so you can ride that and help others ride it.
    •  
    • 2- There will be a DOD sponsored in town MTB ride leaving from the booth early afternoon.  I am thinking Amazon to AHW to ridgeline, to baldy and back.  I need a few people to help guide/sweep this ride.

This is going to be summer fun — please help out.  Plus there will be plenty of Blackberry Pie for everyone!  More info on this year's bRamble, including a link to the event, follows. 

We'd love to have you at this years Blackberry bRamble Bike Celebration on Sunday, August 5th and we hope you can have a booth at this community event and would be happy to talk about other opportunities including demonstrations, competitions, and sponsorship. We expect to sell out our 500 rider spaces for the bRamble plus draw several hundred more people for the community ride and celebration event.

This years Blackberry bRamble promises to be a grand signature bike event for our area and we're very excited to be working with the City of Eugene, the UO Bike Program, GEARs, and other community organizations to put it together.  There will be an Adaptive Recreation fundraising dinner and camping on Saturday then a pancake breakfast on Sunday before the  Blackberry bRamble rides of 10-100 miles. The Bike Celebration will be the culmination of the bike-centered fun!

The celebration will be human-powered all the way, both literally and figuratively. We'll have a bike-powered stage with live bands and entertainment as well as competitions, demonstrations, community booths, vendors, swimming at Amazon Pool, a beer garden, and fun family friendly activities.  

I am seeking volunteers to help with DOD's involvement in the Blackberry bRamble this year on Sunday, August 5th.  There are two assignments, so if you have interest in either one please send me an email.  

• 1- I need a couple of people to staff the DOD booth at the bRamble celebration which occurs at Amazon Park from about noon until 5pm.  This will involve telling people about what DOD is and does, so you need to know that.  This will also probably involve selling stickers and maybe the new DOD jerseys.  There will also be a "family friendly skills MTB park" setup, so you can ride that and help others ride it.
    •  
    • 2- There will be a DOD sponsored in town MTB ride leaving from the booth early afternoon.  I am thinking Amazon to AHW to ridgeline, to baldy and back.  I need a few people to help guide/sweep this ride.

This is going to be summer fun — please help out.  Plus there will be plenty of Blackberry Pie for everyone!  More info on this year's bRamble, including a link to the event, follows. 

We'd love to have you at this years Blackberry bRamble Bike Celebration on Sunday, August 5th and we hope you can have a booth at this community event and would be happy to talk about other opportunities including demonstrations, competitions, and sponsorship. We expect to sell out our 500 rider spaces for the bRamble plus draw several hundred more people for the community ride and celebration event.

This years Blackberry bRamble promises to be a grand signature bike event for our area and we're very excited to be working with the City of Eugene, the UO Bike Program, GEARs, and other community organizations to put it together.  There will be an Adaptive Recreation fundraising dinner and camping on Saturday then a pancake breakfast on Sunday before the  Blackberry bRamble rides of 10-100 miles. The Bike Celebration will be the culmination of the bike-centered fun!

The celebration will be human-powered all the way, both literally and figuratively. We'll have a bike-powered stage with live bands and entertainment as well as competitions, demonstrations, community booths, vendors, swimming at Amazon Pool, a beer garden, and fun family friendly activities.  

Let us ride!

Maximilious

I can still use some help with the Blackberry bRamble coming up Sunday, August 5th.  Please let me know if you have any interest in participating in this event and representing DOD at the booth or on the ride.  thanks- Max

Maximilious

please note-  I changed the schedule a bit so that we will find some people and organize a ride during the day that will set off for Baldy and back early afternoon.  Anyone that wants to help with this effort please meet at the Amazon Park DOD booth around 11am or thereafter.

Maximilious

Location Update: The DOD booth will be near the concrete dinosaur behind Amazon Pool.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.