Anthony Lakes MTB Festival. 8/04/18

Home Forums Rides Anthony Lakes MTB Festival. 8/04/18

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dirtydown 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

dirtydown
    Participant

For anyone that might be looking for something different, I am going to Baker City on Friday 8/03 – Tuesday 8/07 to explore a few trails in that area.  Anthony Lakes ski resort is having a free mtb festival on Saturday 8/04.  My “shoot for the stars” goal is to ride Elkhorn Crest and/or Umatilla Rim trails during those days.  I am not sure what will be offered at the mtb festival.  My ride plans are not set.  My wife and I will be staying at a hotel in Baker City.  I will be spending 1 day just relaxing with my wife and exploring the attractions in the area.

Scott K.
    Participant

Wow, what a great way to check out that new scene! I may have to find a way to get this on my calendar! Thanks for the tip!

dirtydown
    Participant

Check out Youtube vids of Elkhorn Crest and Umatilla Rim.  If you go, let me know.

Davey Sprockett
    Participant

http://forums.mtbr.com/oregon/elkhorn-crest-bob-trip-photos-450837.html

SeenYour Crash & me a decade ago in the Elkhorns. What a place.

=Davey

Time to ride

Scott K.
    Participant

Looks like I’ll make it out there! I’ll be camping, not sure where yet. Looks like the MTB festival might just be for the shorter trails at the ski resort. I’d like to do the bigger rides as well, either as a shuttle or out-and-back. nine seven one 373 one nine zero seven.  -Scott

dirtydown
    Participant

Scott,

I am so sorry I didn’t see your post.  I was so busy at work and then getting ready for the trip.  I kind of checked out electronically when we left.  At the end of the Saturday event, I was talking to the shuttle company about any scheduled shuttles on Sunday or Monday.  They said there was another guy looking for a shuttle as well.  They said the person was camping in the area.  On Monday, I had my wife drive me up towards Marble Pass as far as we could get before the road got too rugged.  It was still more than 2 miles of very difficult climbing up the road.  I did an out-n-back on the Elkhorn Crest a few miles past the Pole Creek junction.  I definitely would have called you if I had checked the forum.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.