'18/19 Skiing Thread

Home Forums General Discussion '18/19 Skiing Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dirtydown 6 months ago.

• Author

dirtydown
    Participant

I am starting this thread on the chance I might find some company for a few skiing trips this year.  No offense taken if it needs to be moved to “Off Topic”.

12/26 Wednesday:  Hoodoo.  I am working on plans to go to Hoodoo this Wednesday.  Contact Nick  5four1 five1zero 2three0nine.

FYI, I am still trying to get geared up for backcountry trekking.  I have randonee  skis/skins and an avalanche transceiver.  I have never used the skis/skins for trekking up-hill.  I will probably start with a day of doing in-bound laps at Hoodoo (not this Wed.).  Unfortunately, I don’t have any transceiver training either.

aggold
    Participant

Ive got a season pass at bachelor and getting out there about every other weekend. Also AT set up for the Cone and Tumalo. Hoodo has the backcountry fest on the 19th.

dirtydown
    Participant

Monday 1/14:  Hoodoo Skiing?  I am most likely going to Hoodoo tomorrow.  Any company will be welcomed.

Emily Fisken
    Participant

I’m skiing Bachelor midweek, nearly every week this winter (Hookey bus on Wednesdays or driving up for Thursday/Friday) and would be happy commute or meet up with other advanced skiers and riders there. I’m also looking to connect with others for weekend backcountry treks, I’m AVI 1 certified. ~Emily

aggold
    Participant

Doing Bergs Bus this saturday, Jan. 26. Looking to ski trees (and backside should it happen). If anyone is going or wants to meet up, text me – Alex: nine four nine four two two four one nine nine

Radam
    Participant

Doing my Happy Ride @ Hoodoo tomorrow, Sunday Feb. 10.  Have seats if if anyone’s keen for a ride up.   Five Four One – Six Ohh Three – Eighty Fifty.  -Adam.

dirtydown
    Participant

I am shaping up plans to go to Mt Ashland at end of this week.  Drive down Wednesday night.  Stay for 2 days minimum.  Come back Friday night.  I want to be flexible for the possibility of staying to ski Saturday.  The potential for a large amount of new snow (2 ft+) could take their limited ski patrol some time to open risky avalanche areas including the upper bowl.  I would also like to look for an opportunity to hook up with a local that could guide us down the backside of the mountain.

We can get into the Best Western for $76/night dbl occupancy.  That is a great deal for a good hotel (better than I usually stay at).  I think you can still get lift tickets for $15 at Sweet Deals through KZEL radio website.  If not, then check Liftopia.  If you are not to selective about food, we can get breakfast at the hotel and take stuff from there for lunch and snacks.

dirtydown
    Participant

Ashland Update:  I booked a room at the Ashland Hills Hotel.  It was a few dollars cheaper for 2 beds than the Best Western.

dirtydown
    Participant

I may be going Mt Bachelor tomorrow Wednesday 4/3.

aggold
    Participant

I’m driving to bachelor on Saturday. Leave Eugene at 6 am. If interested, text me – nine four nine – four two two – four one nine nine

dirtydown
    Participant

How was the skiing Saturday?  I am looking at going Thursday 4/18.  Weather looks good.  The determining factor maybe my right knee/leg.  I have been barely hanging on to finish the season.  I am hoping to get at least 1 more good day on the summit.  I skied 3 days the previous 2 weeks, Th, Sat and Tu..  It was snowing consistently over that whole period.  The open terrain was limited due to winds.  On Saturday, Pine Marten didn’t even open until after 12.  Still good snow even though it was wet.  Monday night the freezing level dropped way down.  If they opened Summit last week, it should have had almost 3 feet of untouched accumulation.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.